Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ikea Remix



I love the clean, modern style of Ikea. I like the storage pieces, and I love the prices. It looks great in the store, but I think too much Ikea creates a kind of generic, sterile look. It doesn't have the eclectic "homey-ness" I really want in a space. I love the possibility of customizing Ikea furniture, and I hope to use more in my future home.

I just got the Mikal desk, which looks a bit collegiate, but it has lots of storage, a built-in magnetic/marker board, and it only cost $109. It goes with the other white modular storage pieces in my office/studio.

My chair also came from Ikea. I loved the look and the color of it, but the hard plastic is not very comfortable after about half an hour. So I am still in search of a comfortable and nice looking office chair. I am still planning to use the chair somewhere else in the room. I customized it a bit with some decals from Urban Outfitters. They are origami cranes, one of my favorite things.
















My only other Ikea pieces are a few picture frames, my secondhand Klackbo chairs, and a secondhand duvet I found at a consignment shop. I loved the pattern, and since it didn't work in my bedroom I took it apart to make a curtain and a couple of pillows.



















No comments:

Post a Comment